Please select the interactive course you would like to take from the list below. We are developing new content and expanding our library of courses so please check back soon.
Sepsis remains the greatest cause of death in the U.S. today, accounting for up to 50% of all hospital deaths. It also remains relatively unknown to the public and can be disguised by a number of non-specific signs and symptoms. The clock ticks quickly for septic patients, who depend on the alertness and recognition of healthcare providers to intervene early in the course, in time for life saving therapy to be implemented.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
The planning committee members and presenter have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Explain the history of sepsis and its clinical classification.
- Identify the importance of awareness, early diagnosis, and treatment of sepsis patients.
- Describe the clinical presentation of sepsis patients.
- Examine normal and dysfunctional response to infection in sepsis patients.
- Explain the epidemiology of sepsis.
- Implement proper decision making pathways in the care of sepsis patients.
When you have successfully passed this course, you will receive a link to the EVMS CME office to confirm participation and receive your credits.